Myotherapy is often overlooked as a treatment option because people simply don’t understand what myotherapy is – so what is myotherapy?
It’s helpful to start with the understanding that ‘myo’ means muscle. So basically, Geelong myotherapists assess, diagnosis, and treat pain derived from muscles of the body, and also fascia (which is a covering that surrounds each muscle), ligaments, joints, and bones.
Anything that affects the integrity of human movement and biomechanics can be treated by a myotherapist, who uses a number of methods to stimulate healing.
Geelong myotherapy methods include:
- Musculoskeletal alignment
- Soft and deep tissue massage
- Dry needling to attach blood flow to areas that need healing
- Stretching to increase blood flow and reduce tension
- Cupping to improve blood flow
- Prescriptive exercise to strengthen weak muscles and promote healing.
Geelong myotherapy can be used in the corrective, preventative and rehab phases of a condition to help return the components of the body back to normal function.
Now that you have an understanding of what Geelong myotherapy is, it’s useful to know that our Geelong myotherapists can treat a range of conditions including:
- Sports injuries
- Migraines and headaches
- Stress related pain
- Neck and should pain
- Poor posture and inflexibility
- Muscular tension.
Learn more about myotherapy or make an appointment with a Geelong myotherapist from Geelong Natural Therapies by phoning (03) 5222 8766.